Results announcement: Cinema do BrasilDistribution Support Award – 2nd phase 2018
In partnership with The Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil), Cinema do Brasil is proud to announce the Distribution Support Award results from the second semester of 2018.
A commission formed by representatives from Cinema do Brasil, distribution market, and film festivals, named Ana Letícia Fialho (Cinema do Brasil), Sabrina Nudelman (Elo Company), Maurício Kinoshita (São Paulo International Film Festival) and Paula Consenza (Pandora Filmes) worked together to analyze 25 applications received and made the final decision on the 8th January 2019. This award will support the theatrical release of 9 Brazilian films in 11 territories, with an investment of US$ 100,000.00 (one hundred thousand) dollars.
The Distribution Support Award takes place since 2009 as an initiative of Cinema do Brasil, in partnership with Apex-Brasil and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The award aims to stimulate the circulation of Brazilian productions abroad focusing in locations where the Brazilian cinema has established connections and promising audience, such as Portugal, France, Spain and the USA, as well as new territories where the Brazilian Cinematography is to be discover.
Any distributor interested in releasing a Brazilian film to which the rights are held by one of the member companies of Cinema do Brasil and whose commitments to the programme are up to date may apply to take part in the selection process.
Applications for the 1st Phase of 2019 open February 18th and can be made until june 30.
Check below the list of films awarded and their respective distribution territories:
- Benzinho (Bubbles and TV Zero/ Distribution: DEMIURG) – to be distributed in Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia
- Diamantino (Syndrome Filmes/ Distribution:KOCH FILMS) – to be distributed in the German speaking Europe
- Domingo (Gamarosa and Globo Filmes/ Distribution: CONDOR ENTERTAINMENT) – to be distributed in France
- Looking at the Stars (Peralta Produções Cinematográficas/ Distribution:W-FILM DISTRIBUTION) – to be distributed in Austria, Switzerland and Goethe Institute worldwide
- Los Silencios (Enquadramento/ Distribution: PYRAMIDE and TRIGON-FILM) – to be distributed in France, Austria and Germany
- O Clube dos Canibais (Tardo/ Distribution: MATCHBOX FILMS UK) – to be distributed in the UK and Ireland
- Praça Paris (Taiga Filmes/ Distribution: PRIMER PLANO) – to be distributed in Argentina and Portugal
- Tinta Bruta (Besouro/ Distribution: MATCHBOX FILMS UK) – to be distributed in the UK and Ireland
- Tito and the Birds (Bits Filmes/ Distribution: DAMNED FILMS and SHOUT FACTORY) – to be distributed in France and the USA
For more information, please, CLICK HERE.
If you wish to know the films selected in the first phase of 2018 please, CLICK HERE.