Check out the winners of the Distribution Support 2018
Seven Brazilian movies will be debut in eleven countries with CdB financial support
In partnership with The Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil) and The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Itamaraty), the Distribution Support Award of Cinema do Brasil will support the theatrical release of seven Brazilian films in eleven countries, with an investment of about US$ 100.000 (one hundred thousand) dollars.
A commission made up of representatives from Cinema do Brasil and professionals from the distribution market (Ana Letícia Fialho – Cinema do Brasil’s Executive Manager -, Paula Alves de Souza – Itamaraty Cultural Departament and Mauricio Kinoshita – producer of São Paulo International Film Festival) evaluated all the applications. Initiative of the Programme, the award aims to stimulate the circulation of Brazilian productions abroad.
Any distributor interested in releasing a Brazilian film to which the rights are held by one of the member companies of Cinema do Brasil and whose commitments to the programme are up to date may apply to take part in the selection process.
Applications for the 2nd Phase could be made till October 31.
Check out the full list below:
· Arábia (João Dumans, Affonso Uchoa, Pique-Bandeira Filmes) – Distribution Company: Cinetrem (Argentina);
· Liquid Truth (Carolina Jabor, Conspiração, Globo Filmes) – Distribution Company: Trigon Film (Switzerland);
· The Good Manners (Juliana Rojas, Marco Dutra, Dezenove Som e Imagens) – Companies: Jour2 Fête (France), Distrib Films US. (USA);
· Loveling (Gustavo Pizzi, Bubbles Project) – Companies: Aerofilmes (Czech Republic), Best Films (Poland), Bteam Pictures (Spain), Piano (Mexico), Strada Films (Greece);
· Hard Paint (Márcio Reolon, Filipe Matzembacher, Besouro Filmes) Distribution Company: Tongariro Releasing (Poland);
· Nadie nos Mira (Julia Solomonoff, FiGa Films, Equina Filmes) Distribution Company: Pro Fun (Germany);
· Zama (Lucrécia Martel, Bananeira Filmes) Companies: Shellac (France) e FilmGarten (Vienna)